Maharashtra doctors aborting girl child in other states
The doctors take a huge fee and then send those wanting to abort their female fetus to their counterparts in the neighbouring states.
Mumbai: After the crackdown by the Maharashtra government on the doctors allegedly indulging in aborting female fetus in the state, the racket has now shifted to the neighbouring states. The racket of aborting female fetus is now operating in the states bordering Maharashtra as the doctors have set up their shops there. An NGO has exposed the alleged racket in a sting operations.
The doctors take a huge fee and then send those wanting to abort their female fetus to their counterparts in the neighbouring states. The alleged racket was exposed when as NGO Lek Laadki Abhiyaan, which has been fighting against sex determination tests. The NGO sent some of its workers and a pregnant woman to the doctors and their brokers indulging in sex determination tests to expose the racket.
A broker in Namburdar agreed to get the sex determination test done and then took Rs 14,000 for the same. The broker then took the NGO workers to Surat in Gujarat for sonography.
After the sonography the doctor told the pregnant woman that the baby in the womb was almost 6 months old and was a female. When the doctor was asked if another sonography was needed to confirm the sex of the baby, the woman was told that there is no need.
The sting revealed that despite the crackdown by the Maharashtra Medical Council on the erring doctors, the practice of sex determination and aborting female fetus was going on.
According to Lek Laadki Abhiyaan the sex determination racket was running in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman-Diu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. Lek Laadki Abhiyaan activist and lawyer Varsha gaikwad said that the pregnant women are referred top other states by the doctors in Maharashtra and take huge sums from the people.
Even Maharashtra government is aware of the racket but has expressed its helplessness in curbing it as the doctors are sitting in other states.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18