Maharashtra: Drunkard sets himself ablaze, hugs three girls
Nana Wagarhande is now struggling for his life after sustaining more than 80 per cent burns.
Yavatmal: In a bizarre incident, a drunkard allegedly set himself ablaze and then hugged three girls before jumping into a well to douse the fire.
Nana Wagarhande (40), a notorious drunkard of Varha village here, set himself ablaze in his house in a drunken state on Thursday evening, a police official said.
Since he could not bear the pain of burning, he rushed on to the road and hugged Sumakshi Kinake (14), Shraddha Gore (14) and Gayatri Chukabotlawar (10), causing burns to them, the official said.
He then jumped into a well, but later got out and collapsed.
He was rushed to a government hospital at Pandharkawda from where he was sent to the Government Medical College at Yavatmal, where he is now struggling for his life after sustaining more than 80 per cent burns.
The three minor girls who were also rushed to the Pandharkawda hospital and they are recovering. "The girls sustained more than 20 per cent burns and are now out of danger," the police said.
A criminal case has been registered against the drunkard and the police is investigating the matter.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology