DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Maharashtra: Drunkard sets himself ablaze, hugs three girls
Nana Wagarhande is now struggling for his life after sustaining more than 80 per cent burns.
Yavatmal: In a bizarre incident, a drunkard allegedly set himself ablaze and then hugged three girls before jumping into a well to douse the fire.
Nana Wagarhande (40), a notorious drunkard of Varha village here, set himself ablaze in his house in a drunken state on Thursday evening, a police official said.
Since he could not bear the pain of burning, he rushed on to the road and hugged Sumakshi Kinake (14), Shraddha Gore (14) and Gayatri Chukabotlawar (10), causing burns to them, the official said.
He then jumped into a well, but later got out and collapsed.
He was rushed to a government hospital at Pandharkawda from where he was sent to the Government Medical College at Yavatmal, where he is now struggling for his life after sustaining more than 80 per cent burns.
The three minor girls who were also rushed to the Pandharkawda hospital and they are recovering. "The girls sustained more than 20 per cent burns and are now out of danger," the police said.
A criminal case has been registered against the drunkard and the police is investigating the matter.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Morris Sends Back Buttler
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish