Maharashtra: Father-in-law arrested for raping woman
The woman's husband and mother-in-law have also been booked for allowing the accused to rape her.
Beed: An elderly man was on Wednesday arrested for allegedly raping his daughter-in-law for about three years at a village in Maharashtra's Beed, police said. The wife of the accused, Bhamabai Thorve, was also arrested for allowing her husband to rape their daughter-in-law.
55-year-old Sampat Baburao Thorve, a resident of Solapurwadi village in Ashti tehsil, raped the 23-year-old woman several times between 2009 till May 2012, police said. The woman's husband, Bibhishan, also allowed his father to sexually assault his wife, as per the complaint filed by the victim on Tuesday.
A case has been registered against the victim's husband and in-laws, police said, adding that the victim's husband is yet to be arrested.
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals