Maharashtra: Harassed by female constable friend, youth commits suicide
The youth allegedly committed suicide after a woman constable pressurised him to either marry her or pay Rs 3 lakh.
Nashik: A 25-year-old youth, who was scheduled to get married on Sunday, allegedly committed suicide after a woman with whom he had friendship, pressurised him to either tie the knot with her or pay her Rs three lakh, police said.
Deepak Savkar Barve, from Bortembhe village, ended his life on Saturday by jumping before a speeding train near Shilapur.
A note was found on him which mentioned that woman police constable Manisha Kujure - posted at the Nashik rural police headquarters in Adgaon - with whom he had a friendship, threatened to break his impending marriage and demanded that either he should pay Rs three lakh or marry her, police said.
Based on a complaint by the deceased's father, police have registered an offence against seven persons, including the constable, aged around 24 years, and her family members, for allegedly harassing the youth and abetting his suicide.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Army Officials Reject Raj Thackeray's Welfare Fund Proposal
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- FBI, Homeland Security to Probe Cyber Attacks That Disrupted Twitter, Reddit, Spotify
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away