DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Maharashtra: Harassed by female constable friend, youth commits suicide
The youth allegedly committed suicide after a woman constable pressurised him to either marry her or pay Rs 3 lakh.
Nashik: A 25-year-old youth, who was scheduled to get married on Sunday, allegedly committed suicide after a woman with whom he had friendship, pressurised him to either tie the knot with her or pay her Rs three lakh, police said.
Deepak Savkar Barve, from Bortembhe village, ended his life on Saturday by jumping before a speeding train near Shilapur.
A note was found on him which mentioned that woman police constable Manisha Kujure - posted at the Nashik rural police headquarters in Adgaon - with whom he had a friendship, threatened to break his impending marriage and demanded that either he should pay Rs three lakh or marry her, police said.
Based on a complaint by the deceased's father, police have registered an offence against seven persons, including the constable, aged around 24 years, and her family members, for allegedly harassing the youth and abetting his suicide.
Recommended For You
- Kohli, Dhoni Headline Premiere of Sachin - A Billion Dreams
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances