Maharashtra: Liquor serving allowed till 5 am on Dec 31, Jan 1
The police chief said loudspeakers will not be allowed beyond the stipulated deadline of 10 pm.
Mumbai: As Maharashtra Police tried to play spoilsport, the state government has given a go ahead to allow serving of alcohol through the night on December 31 and January 1. "Though the police recommended to the government that liquor should not be served till 5 am the government decided to give the permission. But we have all the right to stop the party if we anticipate trouble," Mumbai Police Commissioner Satya Pal Singh on Wednesday.
The police chief said loudspeakers will not be allowed beyond the stipulated deadline of 10 pm, but it will allow to serve alcohol till the break of the dawn. "I appeal to the members of the public that they enjoy the New Year within limit of law and respect the dignity of women", he said.
Singh said security would be stepped up on roads on the New Year's eve to prevent any untoward incident. "The number of police force working this year would be more than that of last year," Singh added.
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats for Women's Rights, Wants Practice of Triple Talaq to go
- Samajwadi Party Truce: Akhilesh Yadav to Reinstate Shivpal, 3 Ministers
- Akhilesh Fantastic CM but Needs Time to Be Mass Leader: Amar Singh
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party