Maharashtra: Liquor serving allowed till 5 am on Dec 31, Jan 1
The police chief said loudspeakers will not be allowed beyond the stipulated deadline of 10 pm.
Mumbai: As Maharashtra Police tried to play spoilsport, the state government has given a go ahead to allow serving of alcohol through the night on December 31 and January 1. "Though the police recommended to the government that liquor should not be served till 5 am the government decided to give the permission. But we have all the right to stop the party if we anticipate trouble," Mumbai Police Commissioner Satya Pal Singh on Wednesday.
The police chief said loudspeakers will not be allowed beyond the stipulated deadline of 10 pm, but it will allow to serve alcohol till the break of the dawn. "I appeal to the members of the public that they enjoy the New Year within limit of law and respect the dignity of women", he said.
Singh said security would be stepped up on roads on the New Year's eve to prevent any untoward incident. "The number of police force working this year would be more than that of last year," Singh added.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology