Maharashtra: Man arrested for raping 6-year-old girl in Nagpur
Police said the accused raped girl at a wedding hall, where she had come with her parents to attend a marriage celebration.
Nagpur: A six-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth at a wedding hall in Kanhan near in Nagpur, where she had come with her parents to attend a marriage celebration, police said on Saturday.
Rakesh alias Chakradhar Jagoji Bele (27), working in an office on the top floor of the wedding hall complex, lured the girl on Friday on the pretext of giving her an ice-cream and raped her when other family members were busy in marriage function.
Later, the victim's parents found her crying on the stairs where she informed them about the offence and also gave description of the alleged culprit. The parents then lodged a complaint with Kanhan Police, who scanned the CCTV footage of the hall and found Bele moving suspiciously.
After failing to trace him at his office and residence, police finally spotted him near a shop on Nagpur-Jabalpur national highway and arrested him.
The accused later confessed to the crime, police said. Offences were registered late on Friday night against the accused under relevant sections of IPC and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012, they added.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18