Maharashtra: Man arrested for raping his minor daughters
The girls, who were accompanied to the police station by their stepmother, claimed that their father raped them at knife-point.
Nagpur: A man has been arrested for allegedly raping his two minor daughters in the city, police said on Friday. The 40-year-old man, a history-sheeter from Madhya Pradesh who had settled in a north-west city locality sometime back, raped his 16-year-old daughter in July, 2012 and later sexually assaulted the other 14-year-old girl, police said.
The girls' mother had left the accused following which he had married another woman. The girls confided in their stepmother that their father used to rape them at knife-point, police said. On Thursday, the girls, accompanied by their stepmother, lodged a complaint with Koradi Police who later arrested the accused.
Offences under relevant sections of IPC and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012 have been registered against the accused, police added.
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle