Maharashtra: People battle severe drought in Ahmadnagar
Ahmadnagar resident Chandrakant is worried to see his hard work of 12 years coming to a nought.
Mumbai: Maharashtra is reeling under its worst drought in over four decades and the situation in Marathwada region is very severe. In Marathwada farmers had prepared their fields for sowing crops but due to lack of rains and water, all their hard work has been of no use.
Ahmadnagar resident Chandrakant is worried to see his hard work of 12 years coming to a nought. His field has dried up these days. He had planted lemon plants in his farm from which he expected good income. But since 2012, the drought has made his life very tough. He had brought water takers in 2012 and tried to save his plants but all his plans went awry. Now he does not have enough money to pay for water tankers.
The situation is same in the other regions. The farmers of Ahmadnagar are anxious and worried. Five years back, a farmer Dattatreya planted pomegranate in his one acre farm after spending Rs 50,000. But the drought has spoilt his dream of earning a lot of money from the farm. He tried to irrigate his farm using whatever money he had. But now his farm is drying due to the drought.
In Ahmednagar people are also facing a huge scarcity of drinking water. The cattle feeding camps run by the government, too, have no water. The situation could get worse if it does not rain soon.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be