Mahesh Babu's 'SVSC' earns Rs.9.81 crore on first day
Directed by Srikanth Addala, SVSC stars Mahesh Babu and Venkatesh alongside Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Anjali.
Chennai: Telugu family drama 'Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu', (SVSC) has got an an overwhelming opening as it has earned Rs.9.81 crore on its first day in Andhra Pradesh. "This is probably the best ever opening for a multi-starrer in Telugu. SVSC has collected Rs.9.81 crore in Andhra Pradesh on its opening day and is also doing extremely well in the other parts of the country," Trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
Directed by Srikanth Addala, SVSC stars Mahesh Babu and Venkatesh alongside Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Anjali. The film brings forth the importance of familial ties through the story of two brothers.
Buoyed by the response to the film, which released worldwide Jan 11, producer Dil Raju has planned special shows for women.
"Since it's a family story, we're thinking of organising special screening for women on Jan 14, Jan 15 and Jan 16," said Raju.
Released via 14 Reels Entertainment overseas, the film has recorded best ever opening for a Telugu film abroad.
According to Taran Adarsh's tweet, SVSC's Friday collection in the US was $338,228 from 67 locations.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology