Mahesh Bhatt: Vishesh revisits 'Arth' in 'Murder 3'
Mahesh Bhatt candidly admitted that 'Murder 3' is inspired by Spanish film 'La Cara Oculta'.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt says his nephew Vishesh revisits his 1982-hit 'Arth' with his debut directorial 'Murder 3'. "I can safely say that 'Murder 3' is the most outstanding story in the franchise and also most relevant. Vishesh has in a way revisited 'Arth' where we had questioned the institution of marriage," the 63-year-old said here Thursday at a radio station where the film's music was launched.
"(In 'Arth'), we had questioned the belief that said after marriage a woman attains her life's goal. We had broken that myth. In this film, we have questioned love," he added.
'Murder 3' stars Randeep Hooda, Aditi Rao Hydari and Pakistani actress Sara Loren. The film is slated for a Feb 15 release.
Bhatt candidly admitted that 'Murder 3' is inspired by Spanish film 'La Cara Oculta'.
"In the 21st century, with the communication revolution, plagiarism has become difficult. When stealing becomes tough you might as well make a virtue out of it and say that we are officially buying it," Bhatt said.
"The feelings that surround our women today, we have taken them and mixed it with this beautiful Spanish film and have made a unique product. It is not a cut-and-paste film," Bhatt said.
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- Happy Birthday! Google is Now an Adult
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test