DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Maheshwary, Om Prakash win gold in Indian GP Athletics
Railways sprinter Merlin K Joseph shocked pre-race favourite Asha Roy to win the women's 100m sprint.
Patiala: National record holder Renjith Maheshwary bagged the gold in the men's triple jump in the season-opening Indian Grand Prix first leg here on Sunday. Maheshwary, representing Railways, cleared 16.67m to win the event. His national record stands at 17.07m.
Arpinder Singh of ONGC was second with an effort of 15.92m while Saurabh of Uttar Pradesh (15.76m) won the bronze. London Olympian Om Prakash Karhana, representing ONGC, won the gold in men's shot put with a below-par performance of 18.12m while Bala Murugan or Railways won the men's 100m dash at the NIS tracks here.
Railways sprinter Merlin K Joseph shocked her teammate and pre-race favourite Asha Roy to win the women's 100m sprint. Merlin timed a personal best of 11.95 secs as against Roy's 11.98sec. Due to bad light, the 5000m race of both men and women were cancelled.
The second leg of the Indian Grand Prix will also be held here on April 6. .
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia