Maheshwary, Om Prakash win gold in Indian GP Athletics
Railways sprinter Merlin K Joseph shocked pre-race favourite Asha Roy to win the women's 100m sprint.
Patiala: National record holder Renjith Maheshwary bagged the gold in the men's triple jump in the season-opening Indian Grand Prix first leg here on Sunday. Maheshwary, representing Railways, cleared 16.67m to win the event. His national record stands at 17.07m.
Arpinder Singh of ONGC was second with an effort of 15.92m while Saurabh of Uttar Pradesh (15.76m) won the bronze. London Olympian Om Prakash Karhana, representing ONGC, won the gold in men's shot put with a below-par performance of 18.12m while Bala Murugan or Railways won the men's 100m dash at the NIS tracks here.
Railways sprinter Merlin K Joseph shocked her teammate and pre-race favourite Asha Roy to win the women's 100m sprint. Merlin timed a personal best of 11.95 secs as against Roy's 11.98sec. Due to bad light, the 5000m race of both men and women were cancelled.
The second leg of the Indian Grand Prix will also be held here on April 6. .
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now
- Akhilesh Yadav Rebuffs Formation Of New Party, Says Will Remain With SP
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial SP Meet
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Happy Birthday Prabhas: 6 of His Unforgettable Performances
- Prabhas Dismisses Reports of Working In Dhoom 4