Mahie Gill emulates Meena Kumari in 'Gangs of Ghosts'
Mahie Gill has sought inspiration from legendary actress Meena Kumari for a song in her upcoming film 'Gang of Ghosts'.
Mumbai: Actress Mahie Gill has sought inspiration from legendary actress Meena Kumari for a song in her upcoming film 'Gang of Ghosts'.
The song 'Nahi Dungi, Nahi Dungi, Dil mera fokat mein nahi dungi' is inspired by the tragedy queen.
"I am a huge Meena Kumari fan so it was a great honour for me to emulate her on screen. In no way could it be less than perfect for which I studied her in films like Birju Bawra and Dil Ek Mandir," Mahie said in a statement here.
Mahie took a lot of interest in the styling of the song. "We wanted the song to have an old-world feel and fashioned Mahie's look on the lines of great Meena Kumari. It has come out terrifically and Mahi has done a great job," director Satish Kaushik said.
'Gangs of Ghosts' stars Mahi Gill, Anupam Kher, Meera Chopra, Chunkey Pandey and Saurab Shukla.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1