DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mahie Gill emulates Meena Kumari in 'Gangs of Ghosts'
Mahie Gill has sought inspiration from legendary actress Meena Kumari for a song in her upcoming film 'Gang of Ghosts'.
Mumbai: Actress Mahie Gill has sought inspiration from legendary actress Meena Kumari for a song in her upcoming film 'Gang of Ghosts'.
The song 'Nahi Dungi, Nahi Dungi, Dil mera fokat mein nahi dungi' is inspired by the tragedy queen.
"I am a huge Meena Kumari fan so it was a great honour for me to emulate her on screen. In no way could it be less than perfect for which I studied her in films like Birju Bawra and Dil Ek Mandir," Mahie said in a statement here.
Mahie took a lot of interest in the styling of the song. "We wanted the song to have an old-world feel and fashioned Mahie's look on the lines of great Meena Kumari. It has come out terrifically and Mahi has done a great job," director Satish Kaushik said.
'Gangs of Ghosts' stars Mahi Gill, Anupam Kher, Meera Chopra, Chunkey Pandey and Saurab Shukla.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835