Major fire breaks out at IOC's storage tank near Surat
Hazira facility of Indian Oil Corporation has nine storage tanks, five of petrol and four of diesel.
Surat: A major fire broken out on January 5 at storage tanks of Indian Oil Corporation's terminal at Hajira port here, fire brigade officials said. Fire brigade personnel from Surat and nearby cities were trying to bring the fire under control.
Hazira facility of IOC has nine storage tanks, five of petrol and four of diesel. One of the tanks caught fire this afternoon, and it spread.
There were no reports of any casualties as yet, while all the staff members have been shifted out. The Hazira terminal includes a deep water multi-cargo port, situated 25 km from Surat. The blaze could be seen from afar, local sources said.
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India