Major fire breaks out at IOC's storage tank near Surat
Hazira facility of Indian Oil Corporation has nine storage tanks, five of petrol and four of diesel.
Surat: A major fire broken out on January 5 at storage tanks of Indian Oil Corporation's terminal at Hajira port here, fire brigade officials said. Fire brigade personnel from Surat and nearby cities were trying to bring the fire under control.
Hazira facility of IOC has nine storage tanks, five of petrol and four of diesel. One of the tanks caught fire this afternoon, and it spread.
There were no reports of any casualties as yet, while all the staff members have been shifted out. The Hazira terminal includes a deep water multi-cargo port, situated 25 km from Surat. The blaze could be seen from afar, local sources said.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Hindu Group Demands Cancellation of Concerts by Atif Aslam, Shafqat Amanat Ali