Major fire breaks out at IOC's storage tank near Surat
Hazira facility of Indian Oil Corporation has nine storage tanks, five of petrol and four of diesel.
Surat: A major fire broken out on January 5 at storage tanks of Indian Oil Corporation's terminal at Hajira port here, fire brigade officials said. Fire brigade personnel from Surat and nearby cities were trying to bring the fire under control.
Hazira facility of IOC has nine storage tanks, five of petrol and four of diesel. One of the tanks caught fire this afternoon, and it spread.
There were no reports of any casualties as yet, while all the staff members have been shifted out. The Hazira terminal includes a deep water multi-cargo port, situated 25 km from Surat. The blaze could be seen from afar, local sources said.
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- PM Nawaz Sharif has Become Security Risk for Pakistan, Says Imran Khan