Major fire breaks out at IOC's storage tank near Surat
Hazira facility of Indian Oil Corporation has nine storage tanks, five of petrol and four of diesel.
Surat: A major fire broken out on January 5 at storage tanks of Indian Oil Corporation's terminal at Hajira port here, fire brigade officials said. Fire brigade personnel from Surat and nearby cities were trying to bring the fire under control.
Hazira facility of IOC has nine storage tanks, five of petrol and four of diesel. One of the tanks caught fire this afternoon, and it spread.
There were no reports of any casualties as yet, while all the staff members have been shifted out. The Hazira terminal includes a deep water multi-cargo port, situated 25 km from Surat. The blaze could be seen from afar, local sources said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category