DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Major fire breaks out at IOC's storage tank near Surat
Hazira facility of Indian Oil Corporation has nine storage tanks, five of petrol and four of diesel.
Surat: A major fire broken out on January 5 at storage tanks of Indian Oil Corporation's terminal at Hajira port here, fire brigade officials said. Fire brigade personnel from Surat and nearby cities were trying to bring the fire under control.
Hazira facility of IOC has nine storage tanks, five of petrol and four of diesel. One of the tanks caught fire this afternoon, and it spread.
There were no reports of any casualties as yet, while all the staff members have been shifted out. The Hazira terminal includes a deep water multi-cargo port, situated 25 km from Surat. The blaze could be seen from afar, local sources said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere