DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Major Fire Tragedies in Hospitals Over The Last Few Years
Ambulance carrying people injured in the fire at the Bhubaneswar hospital on Oct 17,2017.
New Delhi: An electrical short-circuit could be the reason behind the major fire in Odisha Hospital on Monday evening that claimed at least 19 lives, officials said on Tuesday.
The fire broke out in the intensive care unit (ICU) of dialysis ward of the hospital, sources said.
In the wake of the above tragedy, we take a look at the similar incidents in the past:
MAJOR FIRE TRAGEDIES IN HOSPITALS
Aug 27, 2016
Murshidabad Medical College Hospital, Behrampur
No of victims: 3
Reason: The main exit gate of emergency was locked and the patients and hospital staff could not come out of the building after the fire broke out
March 22, 2016
Mohandai Oswal Cancer Hospital, Ludhiana
Around 600 people evacuated
Reason: Possible chemical reaction in the lab
Dec 9, 2011
AMRI Hospital, Kolkata
No of victims: 95
Reasons: Stocking inflammable articles in the car parking area in the basement; not switching off the AC vent
Feb 2, 2010
Park Super Speciality Hospital at Somajiguda, Hyderabad
No. of victims: 1 dead and 43 injured
Reason: Fire safety violation
Aug 6, 2001
Private mental asylum in Erwadi (Ramanathpuram, TN)
No of victims: 28
Reason: Home was thatched with coconut palm fronds
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes