DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
J-K encounter: Major's body reaches home
Politicians reached home to offer their condolence.
New Delhi: The body of Major Mohit Sharma, who died fighting militants in Jammu and Kashmir was brought to his residence in Ghaziabad on Monday morning.
The body was taken to Delhi cantt where the funeral would take place.
Major Sharma was killed along with three other soldiers during a fierce gun battle between the Army and militants in Kupwara.
The Kupwara encounter which began on Friday is still on.
Seven militants have been killed so far.
Army officials say four AK-47 rifles and some ammunition were recovered from the site.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh visited the house of Major Sharma on Monday to offer his condolence. BJP President Rajnath Singh was also there on Sunday.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan