Malayalam actor Jagathy Sreekumar hurt in mishap
Hospital sources said the actor's condition was stable but will be under 48-hour observation.
Kozhikode: Popular Malayalam film actor Jagathy Sreekumar was seriously injured in a road mishap in neighbouring Malappuram district on Saturday, police said.
The 61-year-old Sreekumar, who sustained injuries on chest and abdomen areas, was rushed to a private hospital here where he underwent an abdomen surgery to arrest internal bleeding.
Hospital sources said the actor's condition was stable but will be under 48-hour observation and he had been put on ventilator support.
Sreekumar, who has acted in more than 1,000 films, was on his way to Kodagu in Karnataka for the shooting of a film when his car rammed into the road divider and overturned at nearby Tenhippalam. The car's front portion was completely damaged, police said.
Car driver Anilkumar suffered simple injuries and was also admitted into the same hospital.
A versatile actor, Sreekumar has enthralled the fans with a variety of roles largely as a comedian.
- Pak Approaches World Bank to Mediate Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Falcon 9 Explosion Most Difficult Failure: Elon Musk
- SpaceX Seeks Public Help in Probing Falcon 9 Rocket Explosion