DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Malayalam actor Sreekumar's condition stable
The actor was seriously injured in a road mishap but is recovering well now as doctors said.
Kozhikode: The condition of Malayalam film actor Jagathy Sreekumar, who was admitted to a hospital here after he met with a road accident, is stable, doctors attending on him said today.
The condition of the actor, who underwent an emergency surgery after the accident on March 10, "is stable at present", Dr Abdullah Cheriakkat, Managing Director, Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital, where he is undergoing treatment, told reporters here today.
The 61-year actor, who suffered multiple injuries in chest, abdomen and leg, was responding to medicines well and his blood pressure and functioning of kidneys are normal. However, he will continue to remain on ventilator for a couple of days more, he said.
He said surgeries for correction of right thigh and right arm fractures would be done "most probably" tomorrow depending on his condition.
Sreekumar,who has acted in over 1,000 films doing a variety of roles, largely as a comedian, met with the accident on his way to Kodagu in Karnataka for the shooting of a new movie when his car rammed into the road median and overturned at nearby Tenhippalam in wee hours on March 10.
Works on about 10 projects in which Sreekumar figures are held up in view of the accident, sources in film industry said.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet