Malayalam actor Sreekumar's condition stable
The actor was seriously injured in a road mishap but is recovering well now as doctors said.
Kozhikode: The condition of Malayalam film actor Jagathy Sreekumar, who was admitted to a hospital here after he met with a road accident, is stable, doctors attending on him said today.
The condition of the actor, who underwent an emergency surgery after the accident on March 10, "is stable at present", Dr Abdullah Cheriakkat, Managing Director, Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital, where he is undergoing treatment, told reporters here today.
The 61-year actor, who suffered multiple injuries in chest, abdomen and leg, was responding to medicines well and his blood pressure and functioning of kidneys are normal. However, he will continue to remain on ventilator for a couple of days more, he said.
He said surgeries for correction of right thigh and right arm fractures would be done "most probably" tomorrow depending on his condition.
Sreekumar,who has acted in over 1,000 films doing a variety of roles, largely as a comedian, met with the accident on his way to Kodagu in Karnataka for the shooting of a new movie when his car rammed into the road median and overturned at nearby Tenhippalam in wee hours on March 10.
Works on about 10 projects in which Sreekumar figures are held up in view of the accident, sources in film industry said.
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story