Malayalam film 'Color of Sky' enters the Oscar race
'Colour of Sky' has been selected in the top 282 films in the Oscar list in the best picture category.
Kochi: Malayalam film 'Colour of Sky' (Akasathinte Niram), written and directed by Bijukumar Damodaran, has been selected in the top 282 films in the Oscar list in the best picture category. This is the first Malayalam film to receive such an honour.
Besides this, the movie was selected to the 8th Eurasia International Film Festival, 48th Chicago International Film Festival USA, South Asian Film Festival, Vancouver, 43rd International Film Festival India, Kolkata International Film Festival and 17th International Film Festival, Kerala.
This is also the very first Malayalam film to compete for Golden Goblet award at the 15th Shanghai international film festival.
'Colour of Sky', a film about the relationship of man, nature and life, was screened at California, Laemmle Theatre at Fallbrook on Nov 2-8 as part of its Oscar qualifying run.
Bijukumar told PTI that he was delighted that his film has been selected among the 282 world films for Oscar nomination. The film, which stars Indrajit and Amala Paul, also has Prithiviraj and veteran actor Nedumudi Venu essaying important roles.
A Homeopathic doctor, Bijukumar is a self-taught filmmaker.
- Digvijay Favours Dialogue With Pakistan, Insists Artists to Work in Cross Border Films
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- 2nd Test: West Indies Crumble After Misbah-ul-Haq's Near Miss
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration