Malayalam film 'Color of Sky' enters the Oscar race
'Colour of Sky' has been selected in the top 282 films in the Oscar list in the best picture category.
Kochi: Malayalam film 'Colour of Sky' (Akasathinte Niram), written and directed by Bijukumar Damodaran, has been selected in the top 282 films in the Oscar list in the best picture category. This is the first Malayalam film to receive such an honour.
Besides this, the movie was selected to the 8th Eurasia International Film Festival, 48th Chicago International Film Festival USA, South Asian Film Festival, Vancouver, 43rd International Film Festival India, Kolkata International Film Festival and 17th International Film Festival, Kerala.
This is also the very first Malayalam film to compete for Golden Goblet award at the 15th Shanghai international film festival.
'Colour of Sky', a film about the relationship of man, nature and life, was screened at California, Laemmle Theatre at Fallbrook on Nov 2-8 as part of its Oscar qualifying run.
Bijukumar told PTI that he was delighted that his film has been selected among the 282 world films for Oscar nomination. The film, which stars Indrajit and Amala Paul, also has Prithiviraj and veteran actor Nedumudi Venu essaying important roles.
A Homeopathic doctor, Bijukumar is a self-taught filmmaker.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction