Malayalam film releases cross 100 mark in ten month
The year also featured more then 15 commercial success stories, of which seven are big hits in Malayalam cinema.
The year was a very phenomenal one for Mollywood, being one of the rare years, when the Malayalam film releases crossed hundred mark in just 10 month.
The year also featured more than 15 commercial success stories, of which seven are big hits. But the recent one week strike of the theater owners has put everything in a mess, as the number of films queued up for a release this year has mounted to more than a dozen.
Each of the coming weeks of this year will see at least two films released on the week ends. November itself will have a number of releases including Shafi's '101 weeddings', Mammootty's 'Face to Face', Lal-Navya Nair flick 'Scene No 1' and ,Revathy S Nair's 'Mad Dad'.
Apart from these movies films like 'Karmayodha', 'Yakshi-faithfully yours', 'Ardhanareeswaran', Poppins, Lisammayude Veedu, Chapters, Chettayees and 'Tourist Home' will also look for space to somehow get into theaters this year, which will make the total number of releases to more than 120.
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time