Malayalam movie 'Kanna Padam' set to hit box office
'Kanaa Paadam', is a story of three people from different communities who live together in a place named Pullanji Para, in Malabar.
Thiruvananthapuram: Debutant director Ameen Jowhar's 'Kanaa Paadam', is set to soon hit the screens.
It is a story of three people from different communities who live together in a place named Pullanji Para, a posh area in Malabar.
Kozhikode Narayanan Nair plays a retired politician named Sukumarettan, and the role of his daughter Aathira is played by debutant Aarya Gaythri.
Debutant Bhasi is her co-star, while Vijayan Karanthur and Kalinga Sasi play prominent roles in the film. Other cast members include Vijayan V Nair, Faizal Omaserry, Banna Chendmangalur, Sam Suhail, Shath Goon, Roshna Raveedran, Vandoor KC and Pushka Kallai.
Ramesh Kalluruti has handled the camera.
Rajeev Pillai in 'Second Innings'
Actor Rajeev Pillai is set to play an orphan in Shanoo Sharma's 'Second Innings', which talks about how everyone deserves a second chance in life.
Rajeev's character falls in love with a girl, and later he gets to know that he is suffering from a severe disease. He decides to help the poor by selling all his property.
Tamil actress Aishika is his co-star. Rest of the cast includes Badri, Siddiqu, Maniyan Pillai Raju, Aju Varghese, Kottayam Nazeer, Vijaya Raghavan and Krsihna Prabha.
Red Rabbit Creations is producing the film.
Resul wins Aravindan Puraskar
Oscar winning sound engineer Resul Pookutty received the Aravindan Puraskar for the film 'I D' Friday. The award ceremony was organised by the Chalachitra Film Society.
Tamil director Kamal Kannan was honored with special jury award.
"Aravindan award is given to the films that are unique and provide a message. Arivandan, in his lifetime, had always focused on the development of issues," said MLA G Karthikeyan.
In his acceptance speech, Pookuttu recollected his past experiences at the Thiruvananthapuram Law College.
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Remains Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation