Maldives: Ex-Defence Minister to depose against Nasheed in court
The President remains holed up in the Indian High Commission in Male.
Dhaka: Monday could prove to be a crucial day for former Maldivian President Mohamed Nasheed as a former defence minister in his cabinet is to depose against him in a magistrate court. Nasheed remains holed up in the Indian High Commission in Male.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid spoke to his Maldivian counterpart Abdul Samad Abdullah from Dhaka. The Indian Ambassador to Bangladesh was called in by the Maldivian Foreign Minister and was handed a protest note.
"Both of us are trying to find a resolution. It is not just two parties involved there is also Mr Rasheed in between. He also has to decide what the next step is. We have done something which is a matter of courtesy, it is only in that context," Khurshid said.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1