Maldives: Ex-Defence Minister to depose against Nasheed in court
The President remains holed up in the Indian High Commission in Male.
Dhaka: Monday could prove to be a crucial day for former Maldivian President Mohamed Nasheed as a former defence minister in his cabinet is to depose against him in a magistrate court. Nasheed remains holed up in the Indian High Commission in Male.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid spoke to his Maldivian counterpart Abdul Samad Abdullah from Dhaka. The Indian Ambassador to Bangladesh was called in by the Maldivian Foreign Minister and was handed a protest note.
"Both of us are trying to find a resolution. It is not just two parties involved there is also Mr Rasheed in between. He also has to decide what the next step is. We have done something which is a matter of courtesy, it is only in that context," Khurshid said.
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Rishi, Neetu and Riddhima Post Messages For Ranbir Kapoor On His Birthday
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams