Maldives: Ex-Defence Minister to depose against Nasheed in court
The President remains holed up in the Indian High Commission in Male.
Dhaka: Monday could prove to be a crucial day for former Maldivian President Mohamed Nasheed as a former defence minister in his cabinet is to depose against him in a magistrate court. Nasheed remains holed up in the Indian High Commission in Male.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid spoke to his Maldivian counterpart Abdul Samad Abdullah from Dhaka. The Indian Ambassador to Bangladesh was called in by the Maldivian Foreign Minister and was handed a protest note.
"Both of us are trying to find a resolution. It is not just two parties involved there is also Mr Rasheed in between. He also has to decide what the next step is. We have done something which is a matter of courtesy, it is only in that context," Khurshid said.
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Belkin Launches Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 7, 7 Plus at Rs 2,299
- This Little Feature in iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Proves How Much Apple Cares About its Users