'Malegaon ka Superman' now available online
Now catch Mollywood spoofs in March, with just a click.
Mumbai: Catch Mollywood spoofs in March, with just a click. While Mollywood, or the Malegaon film industry, has been making spoofs of Bollywood blockbusters at a fraction of their price for years, and has received much media attention, very few people from urban centres have gotten access to these films. At most, people can view short clips of some of these films on popular websites like YouTube.
However, now short spoofs of popular Bollywood films will be made and put up online. The project, to be titled Malegaon Comedy Club Online, will be produced by well-known Bollywood film producer Sunil Bohra and directed by Shaikh Naseer, who made the hit 'Malegaon Ka Superman' earlier this year.
According to Bohra, the spoofs will consist of over 200 gags and skits and will have a runtime of between five and seven minutes each. "The purpose of Malegaon Comedy Club Online is to provide instant laughs, online and on mobile phones. All the actors and technicians will hail from Malegaon," he sad.
Part of the proceeds of the portal will go to Shafiq Shaikh's family. Shaikh, who starred in 'Malegoan Ka Superman', died from cancer earlier this year. Bohra added, "My experience tells me, humour never fails to work. We have websites for politics and pornography, but where can one go for laughs?" The portal will become operational in March this year.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology