Malisse ousts Ferrer in 1st round of Topshelf Open
A single service break in the second set was enough for Malisse of Belgium to beat defending champion Ferrer in straight sets, 7-6 (3), 6-3.
Rosmalen: French Open finalist David Ferrer lost his first-round match Tuesday at the Topshelf Open, a grass-court tournament held the week before Wimbledon.
A single service break in the second set was enough for Xavier Malisse of Belgium to beat defending champion and top-seeded Ferrer in straight sets, 7-6 (3), 6-3.
The 2011 champion Roberta Vinci had no such problems, brushing aside Kaia Kanepi 6-3, 6-3 in the first match on center court to reach the second round.
Second-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka was playing Steve Darcis later Tuesday in the first round. Wawrinka was to play Igor Sijsling, but the Dutchman pulled out with a stomach problem.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly