Malisse ousts Ferrer in 1st round of Topshelf Open
A single service break in the second set was enough for Malisse of Belgium to beat defending champion Ferrer in straight sets, 7-6 (3), 6-3.
Rosmalen: French Open finalist David Ferrer lost his first-round match Tuesday at the Topshelf Open, a grass-court tournament held the week before Wimbledon.
A single service break in the second set was enough for Xavier Malisse of Belgium to beat defending champion and top-seeded Ferrer in straight sets, 7-6 (3), 6-3.
The 2011 champion Roberta Vinci had no such problems, brushing aside Kaia Kanepi 6-3, 6-3 in the first match on center court to reach the second round.
Second-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka was playing Steve Darcis later Tuesday in the first round. Wawrinka was to play Igor Sijsling, but the Dutchman pulled out with a stomach problem.
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily