Malkangiri police nab six dacoits, foil loot bid
MALKANGIRI: Malkangiri Police on Sunday foiled a loot attempt and nabbed a gang of six dacoits. The miscreants had planned to loot..
MALKANGIRI: Malkangiri Police on Sunday foiled a loot attempt and nabbed a gang of six dacoits. The miscreants had planned to loot cash while it was supposed to be taken from Malkangiri SBI to Chitrakonda.
Acting on a tip off, the police team raided MV-11, about 5 km from here and arrested K Srinivas Rao (23) of Malkangiri town, Prabharanjan Jani (20) and Tulasiram Tripathy (26) of Korukonda, Haridas Biswas (30) alias Baga of MV-11 and Gour Bagh (28) and Sultan Singh (20) of Balimela while they were planning the loot. They have been produced in a court here, said IIC RK Pati.
The police have seized a US-made revolver, three live bullets, one knife, two iron cutters and ` 3,500 from their possession, Pati added. The recovery of the revolver has become a major headache for the police who are now probing the matter.
The gang members have confessed to two dacoities, lifting of two motorcycles, two thefts and snatching cases. The gang also snatched a gold chain from a restaurateur here on October 28, the IIC said. They had sold the gold chain snatched from a woman to a Balimela-based scrap dealer, Seikh Meherban on October 31. The police have also arrested him.
The arms were procured through Tulasiram Tripathy, a gang member, Pati
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology