Mamata Banerjee's Nephew Abhishek Banerjee Injured in a Car Accident
TMC MP and nephew of party Supremo Mamata Banerjee Abhishek Banerjee during a TMC Yuva rally at Shahid Minar Maidan on December 1, 2014 in Kolkata, India. (Photo: Getty Images)
Mamata Banerjee’s nephew and Trinamool Congress Lok Sabha MP Abhishek Banerjee met with a car accident while returning to Kolkata from Murshidabad on Tuesday.
Banerjee’s vehicle suffered a head-on collision with another car and turned turtle near Singur on the Durgapur Expressway.
Abhishek has been taken to the Belle Nursing Home in Kolkata.
According to doctors, he has suffered injuries on his head and shoulder.
A medical board has been formed for special supervision of Abhishek's injuries.
Chief Minister Mamanta Banerjee is headed to the hospital.
Abhishek Banerjee represents the Diamond Harbour, Lok Sabha constituency.
More details are awaited.
Recommended For You
- Yuvraj Singh And MS Dhoni Hit Centuries, Twitter Explodes With Praise
- LFW 2017: Sneak Peek Into Monisha Jaising's Opening, Anita Dongre's Finale Show
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Deals on OnePlus 3T, Moto G4 Plus, Lenovo Z2 Plus And More
- Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: Shillong Choir, Gulzar Make Inaugural Session Memorable
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More