Mamata Banerjee's Nephew Abhishek Banerjee Injured in a Car Accident
TMC MP and nephew of party Supremo Mamata Banerjee Abhishek Banerjee during a TMC Yuva rally at Shahid Minar Maidan on December 1, 2014 in Kolkata, India. (Photo: Getty Images)
Mamata Banerjee’s nephew and Trinamool Congress Lok Sabha MP Abhishek Banerjee met with a car accident while returning to Kolkata from Murshidabad on Tuesday.
Banerjee’s vehicle suffered a head-on collision with another car and turned turtle near Singur on the Durgapur Expressway.
Abhishek has been taken to the Belle Nursing Home in Kolkata.
According to doctors, he has suffered injuries on his head and shoulder.
A medical board has been formed for special supervision of Abhishek's injuries.
Chief Minister Mamanta Banerjee is headed to the hospital.
Abhishek Banerjee represents the Diamond Harbour, Lok Sabha constituency.
More details are awaited.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- MONEY MATTERSHow Much Did Eden Hazard Cost Chelsea?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016