Mamata to raise awareness about illicit liquor
The West Bengal hooch tragedy that claimed over 170 lives in December, CID earlier
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is set to begin a padyatra on Friday to raise awareness about the hazards of consuming illicit liquor. This in the wake of the hooch tragedy that claimed over 170 lives in December.
The West Bengal CID earlier arrested wife of kingpin Badshah and two others in the hooch tragedy case.
Nurjahan is the wife of prime suspect Badshah Khokon alias Khora Badshah.
The two others nabbed are Bakkar and Chotu. They were picked up from Canning in South 24 Parganas district. They used to supply liquor to Badshah.
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha