Mamata to raise awareness about illicit liquor
The West Bengal hooch tragedy that claimed over 170 lives in December, CID earlier
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is set to begin a padyatra on Friday to raise awareness about the hazards of consuming illicit liquor. This in the wake of the hooch tragedy that claimed over 170 lives in December.
The West Bengal CID earlier arrested wife of kingpin Badshah and two others in the hooch tragedy case.
Nurjahan is the wife of prime suspect Badshah Khokon alias Khora Badshah.
The two others nabbed are Bakkar and Chotu. They were picked up from Canning in South 24 Parganas district. They used to supply liquor to Badshah.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion