DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mamata suspicious about cause of accident
The Minister is "suspicious" about the cause of the accident involving Uttarbanga Express and Vananchal Express.
Kolkata: Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee was "suspicious" about the cause of the accident involving Sealdah-bound Uttarbanga Express and Vananchal Express at Sainthia station in Birbhum district early Monday.
"I am suspicious about the cause of the accident," Banerjee told reporters here when asked about the circumstances that led to the mishap.
"We have some doubt in our mind. Whatever happened is not casual thing. We will take all strong steps against those who are behind this," she said before proceeding for the accident site.
She, however, did not elaborate, but said that she had ordered an inquiry. She also announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh and employment to one
member of each family of the dead.
The seriously injured would receive Rs 1 lakh and those with minor injuries Rs 25,000, she said. The incident comes within two months of the Jnaneshwari train disaster near Jhargram that left 148 dead. The Railway Minister had alleged a 'political conspiracy' behind it.
Recommended For You
- Andy Murray Struggles With Illness on French Open Eve: Reports
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835