Mamata suspicious about cause of accident
The Minister is "suspicious" about the cause of the accident involving Uttarbanga Express and Vananchal Express.
Kolkata: Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee was "suspicious" about the cause of the accident involving Sealdah-bound Uttarbanga Express and Vananchal Express at Sainthia station in Birbhum district early Monday.
"I am suspicious about the cause of the accident," Banerjee told reporters here when asked about the circumstances that led to the mishap.
"We have some doubt in our mind. Whatever happened is not casual thing. We will take all strong steps against those who are behind this," she said before proceeding for the accident site.
She, however, did not elaborate, but said that she had ordered an inquiry. She also announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh and employment to one
member of each family of the dead.
The seriously injured would receive Rs 1 lakh and those with minor injuries Rs 25,000, she said. The incident comes within two months of the Jnaneshwari train disaster near Jhargram that left 148 dead. The Railway Minister had alleged a 'political conspiracy' behind it.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement