DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mammadli wins men's judo 73kg gold
The 20-year-old took just 13 seconds to throw world champion Wang Ki Chun.
Beijing: Elnur Mammadli won Azerbaijan's first ever Olympic judo medal by claiming gold in the men's judo -73kg division on Monday.
The 20-year-old took just 13 seconds of the final to throw 19-year-old world champion Wang Ki Chun of South Korea for the maximum ippon score with te-guruma (leg grab) to gain revenge for his World Championship final defeat in Rio de Janeiro a year ago.
On a stunning day of upsets Rasul Boquiev won Tajikistan's first ever Olympic medal by claiming bronze, beating Belgium's European champion Dirk van Tichelt.
Brazil's Leandro Guilheiro matched his feat in Athens by winning bronze again with a stunning seoi-nage (shoulder throw) to beat Ali Malomat of Iran for the final medal.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere