Man accused of threatening Google's Marissa Mayer on Twitter
Gregory Calvin King has been charged with threatening Marissa Mayer, Google's first female engineer.
San Francisco: A federal grand jury in San Francisco has charged a San Antonio man with harassing a high-ranking Google executive with more than 20,000 Twitter posts, some of which were threatening.
According to court records, Gregory Calvin King was arrested in Texas last month and transported to San Francisco to face charges he threatened Google vice president Marissa Mayer, the company's first female engineer.
The indictment identified the alleged victim only as "M.M." but King's Twitter account shows him sending thousands of threatening posts to Mayer.
King faces up to seven years in prison if convicted. His arraignment date hasn't been set.
Google did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Fallout of Indo-Pak Tension?Wasim Akram to Miss IPL 2017 Due to 'Professional Commitments'
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings