Man arrested for biting off daughter's nose, lip, cheek
Doctors in a government hospital in Jaipur have suggested plastic surgery for the baby's face.
Bikaner: A 36-year old man allegedly bit off his 5-month old daughter's nose, lip and cheek in a fit of rage in Rajasthan's Bikaner district last week, police said. The accused, Bahadur Singh, was drunk when he reached his house at Siyana village on Thursday night and had a spat with his wife over some domestic issue, said Anil Kumar Bishnoi, SHO of Kolayat police station.
During the quarrel, Singh beat up his 3-year old daughter and then bit his younger daughter's upper lip, nose and cheek. Neighbors came to the rescue of the baby who was taken to a hospital and doctors there referred her to Sawai Man Singh government hospital in Jaipur where experts suggested plastic surgery for the baby's face, the police official said.
However, on her mother's wish, she was taken back to the PBM government hospital in Bikaner on Sunday. The father was arrested on Friday and is currently under judicial custody, police said, adding he has been booked under sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 324 (voluntarily causing hurt through dangerous weapons or means) and 341 (wrongful restraint) of IPC.
Meanwhile, district administration sources said the state medical and health department has sought details of the baby and the girl would be provided free treatment facilities by the government.
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- SP Meet Turns into Family Drama, Akhilesh & Shivpal Spar In Public
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit