Man arrested for murdering daughter, misleading police
Liyaqat Ali smothered his daughter to death while she was sleeping. He later dumped her body in a drain.
New Delhi: A man, who murdered his 16-year-old daughter for seeking to marry against his wishes and tried to hide the crime by filing a missing person complaint, was arrested in Delhi, police said on Sunday.
Liyaqat Ali, a motor mechanic, smothered his daughter to death on the night of May 15 while she was sleeping in her house at Mehrauli area in south Delhi. He later dumped her body in a drain.
Police said that after this Ali, 55, went to his native place at Uttar Pradesh's Bulandshahr and lodged a missing complaint about her daughter. A few days back, Delhi Police recovered the body of the girl.
"When the father was questioned, he broke down and told us that he killed his daughter as she wanted to marry against his wishes," said a police officer.
- Japanese Encephalitis Declared as Notifiable Disease
- Ink Thrown at Union Minister JP Nadda in AIIMS Bhopal
- Avoid Blame Game, Coordinate to Fight Chikungunya: Centre to AAP
- Unlike Dengue, Chikungunya Not Fatal: Satyendra Jain
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?