DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Man arrested for murdering daughter, misleading police
Liyaqat Ali smothered his daughter to death while she was sleeping. He later dumped her body in a drain.
New Delhi: A man, who murdered his 16-year-old daughter for seeking to marry against his wishes and tried to hide the crime by filing a missing person complaint, was arrested in Delhi, police said on Sunday.
Liyaqat Ali, a motor mechanic, smothered his daughter to death on the night of May 15 while she was sleeping in her house at Mehrauli area in south Delhi. He later dumped her body in a drain.
Police said that after this Ali, 55, went to his native place at Uttar Pradesh's Bulandshahr and lodged a missing complaint about her daughter. A few days back, Delhi Police recovered the body of the girl.
"When the father was questioned, he broke down and told us that he killed his daughter as she wanted to marry against his wishes," said a police officer.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017