Man arrested for murdering daughter, misleading police
Liyaqat Ali smothered his daughter to death while she was sleeping. He later dumped her body in a drain.
New Delhi: A man, who murdered his 16-year-old daughter for seeking to marry against his wishes and tried to hide the crime by filing a missing person complaint, was arrested in Delhi, police said on Sunday.
Liyaqat Ali, a motor mechanic, smothered his daughter to death on the night of May 15 while she was sleeping in her house at Mehrauli area in south Delhi. He later dumped her body in a drain.
Police said that after this Ali, 55, went to his native place at Uttar Pradesh's Bulandshahr and lodged a missing complaint about her daughter. A few days back, Delhi Police recovered the body of the girl.
"When the father was questioned, he broke down and told us that he killed his daughter as she wanted to marry against his wishes," said a police officer.
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Shapoorji Pallonji to Move Company Law Board Against Tatas
- Focus on Business, Market Leadership: Tata to Top Executives
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Case Registered Against Man for Posting Objectionable Photo of PM Modi
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi