Man arrested for rape and murder of seven-year-old
Victim's father has alleged that Shailendra had asked the girl to come with him to help in some work while she was at the engagement ceremony.
Agra: A 32-year-old man was on Saturday arrested in connection with the rape and murder of a seven-year-old girl, whose body was found at the house of a CRPF sub-inspector in Kachaura area in Agra, police said. Shailendra alias Chintu, who was arrested from Achhnera Road near the village where the incident took place, would be prosecuted under National Security Act along with murder and rape charges, SSP Agra Subhash Chandra Dubey said.
The victim was found lying in a pool of blood on the roof of the sub-inspector's house with wire marks around her neck and it seemed her head had been crushed with a stone, police said. Victim's father, in his FIR, has alleged that Shailendra had asked the girl to come with him to help in some work while she was at the engagement ceremony, they said.
He raped the girl and then crushed her head with a stone causing her death, they said. Locals informed that soon after the incident Shailendra and his family left the village in a truck with their belongings, police said. Agra District Magistrate Zuhail Bin Sagir said action would be taken against Shailendra's father, a panchayat officer, for misleading the police about his son. Meanwhile the post mortem report of the minor confirmed that rape had been committed on her, police said.
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water