Man arrested for raping 6-year-old daughter for 6 months
Police said the incidence came to light when the child was taken to a psychiatrist by mother following some changes in her behaviour.
Kochi: A 40-year-old man, who was booked last month for allegedly raping his six-year-old daughter continuously for six months in Aluva area, was on Thursday arrested.
As per the complaint lodged by the man's former wife on December 8, the minor was raped continuously for six months by his father, who used to force her to consume alcohol before committing the crime.
The incidence came to light when the child was taken to a psychiatrist by mother following some changes in her behaviour, police said.
The child told the doctor that she was sexually abused by her father and some others. The minor and her younger sister are now at Juvenile Home at nearby Kakkanad, police sources said.
A case was registered by the police under the Protection of Children against Sexual Offence Act and Section 328 of IPC (giving liquor to a minor).
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Pre-birthday Party
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner