Man arrested for trafficking minor children for bonded labour
Railway Police on Tuesday rescued 19 children from Secunderabad railway station and caught one person on charge of trafficking.
Hyderabad: Railway Police on Tuesday rescued 19 children, including seven belonging to Jharkhand, from Secunderabad railway station and caught one person on charge of trafficking. The children were to be employed as bonded labourers at a furniture manufacturing unit at Lingampally here, SP (Secunderabad Railway Police) M Kanta Rao told PTI.
"During a survey on the Secunderabad railway platform, 19 children (all below the age of 14) were found abandoned and rescued. Seven of them were brought from Jharkhand by one trafficker who promised Rs 4,000 per month to the parents of the children," he said.
Some middlemen were taking these children to work as bonded labourers and to engage them for work in a furniture manufacturing unit at Lingampally in Hyderabad. However, Railway police intercepted and rescued the children, he said.
"All the rescued children were shifted to children's home. One trafficker has been taken into custody and we are questioning him over the modus operandi and other details," Rao added.
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Supreme Court Notice to Lalu's Son, Shahabuddin in Journalist Murder Case
- Cricketer Mohammad Kaif Slams Media House For Confusing Him With Sharpshooter
- Judge, Who Sentenced Shahabuddin to Life Term, Transferred
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record