DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Man arrested for trafficking minor children for bonded labour
Railway Police on Tuesday rescued 19 children from Secunderabad railway station and caught one person on charge of trafficking.
Hyderabad: Railway Police on Tuesday rescued 19 children, including seven belonging to Jharkhand, from Secunderabad railway station and caught one person on charge of trafficking. The children were to be employed as bonded labourers at a furniture manufacturing unit at Lingampally here, SP (Secunderabad Railway Police) M Kanta Rao told PTI.
"During a survey on the Secunderabad railway platform, 19 children (all below the age of 14) were found abandoned and rescued. Seven of them were brought from Jharkhand by one trafficker who promised Rs 4,000 per month to the parents of the children," he said.
Some middlemen were taking these children to work as bonded labourers and to engage them for work in a furniture manufacturing unit at Lingampally in Hyderabad. However, Railway police intercepted and rescued the children, he said.
"All the rescued children were shifted to children's home. One trafficker has been taken into custody and we are questioning him over the modus operandi and other details," Rao added.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO