Man Attempts Suicide After Not Getting Change for Rs 2,000 Note
Unable to get change for a Rs 2,000 note, a daily wage labourer in Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday attempted suicide, said his family.
Hyderabad: Unable to get change for a Rs 2,000 note, a daily wage labourer in Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday attempted suicide, said his family.
The incident occurred in Nandikotkur in Kurnool district.
Murtuza Vali consumed poison at his home as he could not get change for the high value currency note, which prevented him from buying essential items for the last four days.
According to his family, his employer paid Murtuza Rs 2,000 and he went to different shops to get change but did not succeed. Depressed, he consumed pesticides.
Murtuza's wife and two children shifted him to Community Health Centre in the town. He was later taken to the Government Hospital in Kurnool.
This is the second incident in the town linked to demonetisation.
A 62-year-old retired government employee died of cardiac arrest while waiting to draw cash at a State Bank of India branch on Friday.
The pensioner, who was waiting for two hours to draw cash, collapsed and died.
Recommended For You
- Live Cricket Score, New Zealand vs Pakistan, 4th ODI at Hamilton
- Shaitan Haveli Review: Amazon Prime's A-Grade Tribute to B-Grade Horror
- US Olympic Gold Medallist Biles Says Doctor Sexually Abused Her
- Delhi to Agra Weekend Getaway in BMW 3-Series - Yamuna Expressway vs NH2
- Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut Look Spectacular In Sabyasachi Sarees; See Pics