Man beaten to death for protesting molestation of his sister-in-law
Police said the man was beaten to death by his friend and some others when he protested molestation of his sister-in-law in Jharkhand's Jamshedpur district.
Ranchi: A man was beaten to death by his friend and some others when he protested molestation of his sister-in-law in Jharkhand's Jamshedpur district, police said Wednesday.
According to police, Krishna, a resident of Birsanagar colony in Jamshedpur, around 130 km from Ranchi, was returning home along with his sister-in-law Tuesday night when he met his friend Bhaskar and two or three others, who began to accompany them.
On the way, Bhaskar and his friends allegedly molested and tried to rape Krishna's sister-in-law. When Krishna protested, he was beaten up brutally by Bhaskar and his friends, who then fled.
Krishna was admitted to a local hospital where he died during course of treatment early Wednesday.
Police have arrested one person in connection with Krishna's murder.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology