Man burns wife and son to death over dowry demands
Victim married the accused three years ago and the latter had been harassing the victim for her family's failure to provide him a buffalo in dowry.
Ara: In a suspected case of dowry, a man burnt to death his wife and an infant son in Bhojpur district, police said on Sunday. Angry over not getting a buffalo in dowry, Upendra Mahto poured kerosene on his wife Rina Devi (25) and 14-month-old son at their house in Nashrathpur village, police said, adding the mother-son duo were charred to death.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, they said. While Mahto has been arrested, three other accused persons named in the FIR by the woman's kin were absconding. Raids were being carried out to nab those accused who are at large, they said.
According to the FIR, Devi married Mahto three years ago and the latter had been harassing the victim for her family's failure to provide him a buffalo in dowry.
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Mulayam Singh Should Become UP Chief Minister, Urges Shivpal
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Lewis Hamilton Beats Title Rival Nico Rosberg to Pole