DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Man burns wife and son to death over dowry demands
Victim married the accused three years ago and the latter had been harassing the victim for her family's failure to provide him a buffalo in dowry.
Ara: In a suspected case of dowry, a man burnt to death his wife and an infant son in Bhojpur district, police said on Sunday. Angry over not getting a buffalo in dowry, Upendra Mahto poured kerosene on his wife Rina Devi (25) and 14-month-old son at their house in Nashrathpur village, police said, adding the mother-son duo were charred to death.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, they said. While Mahto has been arrested, three other accused persons named in the FIR by the woman's kin were absconding. Raids were being carried out to nab those accused who are at large, they said.
According to the FIR, Devi married Mahto three years ago and the latter had been harassing the victim for her family's failure to provide him a buffalo in dowry.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Champions Trophy 2017: Through The Pages of History
- Harbhajan Wants Zaheer to Become Team India's Bowling Coach