Man Chops Off Mother's Head in Kali Temple
In a shocking incident, a man chopped off his mother head inside a Kali Temple in Purulia district in West Bengal.
Kolkata: In a shocking incident, a man chopped off his mother head inside a Kali Temple in Purulia district in West Bengal.
The accused has been identified as Narayan Mahato (35). He confessed about chopping off Phuli Mahato’s head on Friday and has been sent to 14 days of judicial custody.
Speaking to News18, Superintendent of Police (SP), Purulia, Joy Biswas said, “He committed the crime to appease Goddess Kali. He chopped off his mother’s head while she was cleaning the temple premises.”
During interrogation, he said that Kali had come in his dreams and asked him to sacrifice his mother if he want to get the treasures hidden in his locality.
Narayan was suffering from acute depression due to poverty and couple of year ago he started practicing black magic to become rich.
Narayan told the cops that he frequently interacts with Kali and this time he decided sacrifice her mother after being convinced that he is definitely going to get the treasure.
Sources said, after beheading her mother, Narayan went to his elder brother's residence and told him that she herself cut off her head in the temple before the idol.
However, his brother grew suspicion and alerted the cops. Narayan was her youngest among the three sons.
Further investigation is ongoing.
Recommended For You
- ICC U19 WC: Ruthless India Trounce Zimbabwe by 10 Wickets
- The Hidden Meanings Behind the Most Recognizable Fashion Brand Logos
- 'Throat Relief': Manforce's 'New' Adrak Flavour Condom Is Reminding Us Of Chai
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More
- These Qualities will Determine If You're a Morning or Night Person