Man dies after constable forces him to drink alcohol
Suresh died after the Delhi Police constable reportedly forced him to consume alcohol after he refused to pay the constable Rs 20,000 as bribe.
New Delhi: A 42-year-man died after a Delhi Police constable reportedly forced him to drink alcohol in the national capital, police said on Wednesday. The constable has been sent to police lines and a probe is on into the case.
Suresh, resident of west Delhi's Begumpur, died in the intervening night of November 12-13 after Delhi Police constable Bhagwati, 40, reportedly forced him to consume alcohol after he refused to pay the constable Rs 20,000 as bribe, said a police officer, as per the allegation made by victim's family.
"We are awaiting the post-mortem examination report of the victim, which can lead us to verify the allegation made by his family members," said the officer.
Suresh was a well-known bootlegger of Begumpur area and over 20 cases were registered against him, added the officer.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology