DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Man jailed for posting beheading videos online
A British court has sentenced a man to five years in prison for posting gruesome beheading videos on Facebook.
London: A British court has sentenced a man to five years in prison for posting gruesome beheading videos on Facebook.
The 42-year-old Craig Slee also put online links to a communique by al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb, or AQIM, that encouraged terrorism.
In one of two Facebook pages he created, Slee inferred he was a member of the Taliban and claimed he had been on trips to Afghanistan. But counterterrorism police found Slee had no connection to any terrorist organization.
Det. Chief Supt. Tony Mole on Friday called Slee "a total fantasist" and there was no evidence he was planning an attack. But Mole said the case showed the dangers of misusing material available on the Internet.
Glee pleaded guilty to four terrorism offenses and possessing a canister of tear gas.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win