Man kills 12-year-old sister for family honour
The accused killed his sister, who studied in class five, as she was friendly with a young man.
Rohtak: In yet another case of honour killing, a youth killed his 12-year-old sister at Roorki village in Rohtak district of Haryana for the sake of his family's honour, police said on Saturday.
According to the police, the accused, Charan Singh, in his early 20s, worked in Rohtak at a brick kiln. The girl, his sister who studied in class five, was murdered on Wednesday night.
"We detained four people, including Charan, for questioning. During intense interrogation, he confessed his crime," said Ajmer Singh, investigation officer of the case.
"He said he was not happy as his sister used to talk to another youth at the same brick-kiln," Singh said.
The girl's parents were living in an Uttar Pradesh village.
During the last few months, many cases of honour killings, including murders of young boys and girls, have rocked different parts of Haryana.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines