Man kills wife over illicit affair, attempts suicide
Police said a suicide note written by Srinivas said he was committing suicide over his wife's illicit relationship with another man.
New Delhi: A 45-year-old driver allegedly strangulated his 35-year-old wife and tried to hang himself but was rescued by his son in New Delhi on Thursday, police said.
The incident occurred at Sangam Vihar in south Delhi.
Srinivas and his wife Meera were rushed to a hospital after their 10-year-old son found him hanging and raised an alarm to call neighbours. Meera was declared brought dead while Srinivas is out of danger, said a police officer.
The officer said a suicide note written by Srinivas said he was committing suicide over his wife's illicit relationship with another man. The boy told police that his parents had a fight on Wednesday after his father heard his mother talking on the phone to someone.
"When the boy woke up around 5 am, he saw his mother lying dead and his father hanging from the ceiling fan. He managed to take his father down and raised an alarm," the officer said.
Srinivas has been booked for murder.
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900