Man kills wife over illicit affair, attempts suicide
Police said a suicide note written by Srinivas said he was committing suicide over his wife's illicit relationship with another man.
New Delhi: A 45-year-old driver allegedly strangulated his 35-year-old wife and tried to hang himself but was rescued by his son in New Delhi on Thursday, police said.
The incident occurred at Sangam Vihar in south Delhi.
Srinivas and his wife Meera were rushed to a hospital after their 10-year-old son found him hanging and raised an alarm to call neighbours. Meera was declared brought dead while Srinivas is out of danger, said a police officer.
The officer said a suicide note written by Srinivas said he was committing suicide over his wife's illicit relationship with another man. The boy told police that his parents had a fight on Wednesday after his father heard his mother talking on the phone to someone.
"When the boy woke up around 5 am, he saw his mother lying dead and his father hanging from the ceiling fan. He managed to take his father down and raised an alarm," the officer said.
Srinivas has been booked for murder.
- 10,500 People Displaced Due to Mosul Operation: UN
- ISIS Driving Hundreds into Mosul, Using Them as Human Shields
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped