Man, mother get life term in dowry death case
A court on Thursday sentenced a man and his mother to life imprisonment for allegedly killling his wife for dowry two years ago.
Rewari: A court on Thursday sentenced a man and his mother to life imprisonment for allegedly killling his wife for dowry two years ago.
Ajay Tewatia, Additional Sessions Judge sentenced the victim Sanju's husband Sushil Kumar and her mother-in-law Santosh Devi to life imprisonment.
Manoj Kumar, Sushil's elder brother and a co-accused in the case, had died during the course of trial.
According to the prosecution, Sanju, daughter of Kailash Chand of Mahendergarh district, was allegedly burnt to death for bringing insufficient dowry by her in-laws on April 27, 2010.
Subsequently on a complaint lodged by the her brother Sandeep Kumar, the police had booked Sushil, Santosh Devi and Manoj and the case was put for trial.
Sanju was married to Sushil on November 23, 2005.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show