'Man of Steel' collects Rs 21 crore in the opening weekend
'Man of Steel' seems to have connected with its Indian audience and garnered Rs.21 crore in the opening weekend.
Mumbai: Zack Snyder-directed gripping story 'Man of Steel' seems to have connected with its Indian audience and garnered Rs.21 crore in the opening weekend.
The Warner Bros' movie that features Henry Cavill and Amy Adams in the lead roles, was given a wide release in the country. It hit 800 screens nationwide and was dubbed in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu as well.
"We're thrilled at the tremendous response we've seen from audiences across India to Zack Snyder's exciting new vision of the iconic Super Hero. Despite unconducive weather conditions in several parts of the country and an 'Indo-Pak' cricket match over the weekend, the movie has got on to a flying start in the country," Denzil Dias, managing director, Warner Bros. Pictures India, said in a statement.
The movie got off to a great start in the US as well, raking in 125.2 million dollars in its opening weekend.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century