DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Man outsources his own job to China
A US computer programmer outsourced his own job to China for a fifth of his salary.
New Delhi: A US computer programmer outsourced his own job to China for a fifth of his salary while he spend his shift whiling away watching cat videos on YouTube and surfing Reddit and eBay.
This was reported in a blog post by a computer forensic investigator at Verizon Business, who said that his company was contacted by another firm who noticed that their systems were being accessed from a Chinese IP and feared that their systems were being hacked.
Investigations revealed that an employee of the company, identified only as 'Bob', outsourced his job to a Chinese company paying them a fifth of his salary, that amounted to about $50,000 annually to write computer programs for him. He had also mailed his security token to China so that the contractor could log in using his credentials.
The employee, thanks to his outsourced code, received positive reviews from his company and was also ranked as the best developer.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Feels India Well-Equipped to Defend Champions Trophy Crown
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Andy Murray Struggles With Illness on French Open Eve: Reports
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment