Man outsources his own job to China
A US computer programmer outsourced his own job to China for a fifth of his salary.
New Delhi: A US computer programmer outsourced his own job to China for a fifth of his salary while he spend his shift whiling away watching cat videos on YouTube and surfing Reddit and eBay.
This was reported in a blog post by a computer forensic investigator at Verizon Business, who said that his company was contacted by another firm who noticed that their systems were being accessed from a Chinese IP and feared that their systems were being hacked.
Investigations revealed that an employee of the company, identified only as 'Bob', outsourced his job to a Chinese company paying them a fifth of his salary, that amounted to about $50,000 annually to write computer programs for him. He had also mailed his security token to China so that the contractor could log in using his credentials.
The employee, thanks to his outsourced code, received positive reviews from his company and was also ranked as the best developer.
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Dalit Boy Whose Video Went Viral Says Was Thrashed Because of Good Grades
- Passengers at Patna Railway Station Use Free Wi-Fi to Search Porn Sites
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18