Man rapes daughter, poisons her to death in Pak's Punjab
The girl's family did not report the incident to police and secretly buried her in a local graveyard.
Lahore: A man allegedly raped his daughter and later poisoned her to death in Pakistan's Punjab province, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred a few days ago in Nawan Kot village of Gujrat district, 125 km from the provincial capital of Lahore. The girl's family did not report the incident to police and secretly buried her in a local graveyard.
The matter came to light when Sobia Amaan, a friend of the girl, wrote a letter to the Lahore High Court Chief Justice to inform him about the incident. Chief Justice Umer Ata Bandial directed the district and sessions judge of Gujrat to probe the matter and submit a report on steps taken by the police along with his comments within 15 days.
According to the application, Amaan said her friend was subjected to sexual harassment by her father Safdar Husain. The victim informed her mother, brother and grandmother about the rape but they refused to believe her.
"Finally, she left her house and shifted to Gulshan-e-Ravi in Lahore, where her relatives contacted her and assured her that this would never happen again," the letter said.
On May 30, the victim went back home but on June 2, she was poisoned to death by her father, Amaan said.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology