DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Man seeking to bomb Delhi gangrape accused's house arrested
Two crude bombs were recovered from the man who wanted to blow up accused Ram Singh's house.
New Delhi: One of the three men, who allegedly wanted to plant bombs at the house of the prime accused in December 16 gangrape case, was arrested in New Delhi on Monday, police said. "One person has been held. Two crude bombs were recovered from him," said a police official.
Police received a call around 6 pm that three youth were found loitering around the accused's house in Ravidas slum cluster in south Delhi's RK Puram area and had threatened to blow it up.
"When the residents asked what they were doing there, they said they have come to blow up the house of Ram Singh," said the official.
"While one was overpowered by the crowd, two managed to escape," the official said, adding he was being questioned.
Ram Singh was the driver of the bus on which the 23-year-old woman was brutally tortured and raped. She died in a Singapore hospital on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%