Man sets himself on fire over increasing rape incidents
Police said Raju, who runs a tea shop, raised slogans against increasing rape incidents in the country and set himself ablaze.
Coimbatore: Even as the entire nation was boiling over the gangrape incident in Delhi, a 38-year-old man on Thursday set him ablaze in the premises of a court in Palladam in the nearby Tirupur district, protesting against the increasing rape incidents.
Raju, who runs a tea shop, raised slogans against the increasing rape incidents in the country and set himself afire after pouring kerosene on his body, police said.
The public and police, present in the court premises, managed to douse the fire and took him to a nearby government hospital. However, after providing first aid, he was referred and brought to Coimbatore Medical College Hospital, for further treatment. He was responding to the treatment, police added.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance