Man who evicted his parents from home made to pay
Jalandhar resident asked to give maintenance, leave old couple in peace.
Chandigarh: Ousting his aged parents from their home has cost a Jalandhar man dearly.
A tribunal in Jalandhar city, 150 km from here, has ordered Kamaljeet Singh to pay a monthly maintenance of Rs 10,000 to his parents and also to allow them to live peacefully in their house there, Punjab's advocate general H S Mattewal said on Saturday.
The order came under the Maintenance & welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act 2007.
Singh has been asked to deposit the money every month in the bank account of his mother Gurcharan Kaur. He has also been ordered not to restrict the entry of his parents into their own house.
Singh had ousted his parents from the house and they were forced to stay with their daughter at Amritsar, 250 km from here.
Mattewal said that the Act adopted by the state government was proving to be a boon for parents who were rendered shelter-less in old age.
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- At paltry Rs 150 crore, gold bonds scheme fails to glitter
- Heavy traffic jams reported in Delhi on Dhanteras
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic