Man who evicted his parents from home made to pay
Jalandhar resident asked to give maintenance, leave old couple in peace.
Chandigarh: Ousting his aged parents from their home has cost a Jalandhar man dearly.
A tribunal in Jalandhar city, 150 km from here, has ordered Kamaljeet Singh to pay a monthly maintenance of Rs 10,000 to his parents and also to allow them to live peacefully in their house there, Punjab's advocate general H S Mattewal said on Saturday.
The order came under the Maintenance & welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act 2007.
Singh has been asked to deposit the money every month in the bank account of his mother Gurcharan Kaur. He has also been ordered not to restrict the entry of his parents into their own house.
Singh had ousted his parents from the house and they were forced to stay with their daughter at Amritsar, 250 km from here.
Mattewal said that the Act adopted by the state government was proving to be a boon for parents who were rendered shelter-less in old age.
Recommended For You
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement