DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Manassero birdies first 6 holes in Stockholm
Manassero shared the clubhouse lead with Pablo Larrazabal on the first day of the Nordea Masters.
Stockholm: Matteo Manassero birdied his first six holes en route to a 6-under-par 66 and a share of the clubhouse lead on the first day of the Nordea Masters on Thursday.
Four days after winning the BMW PGA Championship, Manassero's equal lowest score of the year tied with Pablo Larrazabal of Spain, who was 6 under after 14 holes then went par-bogey-par-birdie in ideal conditions on the Bro Hof Slott course.
"I've never started that well in my career, that just seemed a little strange," Manassero said. "It was a guess how I would wake up this morning as I had been pretty tired up until last night but I felt good, and I could see that from the first tee when I hit good shots."
One shot behind them were Sweden's Fredrik Andersson Hed, Welshman Jamie Donaldson and England duo Chris Lloyd and Simon Wakefield.
Sweden's Peter Hanson, the highest ranked player in the field at No. 23, signed for a 3-under 69.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO